Friday, July 3, 2009

From Sand Trap To Sand Trap

The name of this blog may bring to mind the lyrics "from sea to shining sea" but the reality that inspires my title is much less majestic, much less pastoral. It is in fact what happens when you do not maintain a proper stance while addressing that infamous little fluorescent mini globe known everywhere as a golf ball. On a hole where there are at least 5 different sand traps what are the odds that I'd gain such seemingly effortless entry to each? Actually the odds were in my favour and I managed to do just that. It was like playing a new age game of hopscotch as I wound up for the swing and propelled that little shocking pink orb into all dunes newly swept by the groundskeeper who literally had to run for cover when I hit bunker number 3. I offered to trade places with him and take over grooming the traps but was informed that he "isn't great at golf". I on the other hand know that I am great at playing in the sand.

No comments: