Friday, January 7, 2011

The Snow Is Back

I have never been motivated to get my moneys worth where snow tires are concerned. Unfailingly at the first threat of the white stuff, I make a beeline for my garage where the tires are installed but this is simply due to an irrational fear of the slip'n slide that awaits cars not suitably 'tired'. I wish I could say that I am an active/compulsive? tire changer in part to give my all weathers ( meaning all weather except for snow) a longer life, but the truth is, I am totally afraid of finding myself stuck with little or no traction, driving sideways with no control and /or being unable to stop despite the wondrous ABS brakes. The fact that I was prepared initially inspired confidence until the realization hit; my having the proper tires has little or no effect on the others who are on the roads with me. They do not necessarily think or fear as I do which results in their loss of control and crazy careening thus striking terror in my heart despite my snow tires!
I find myself with no other option but to tail any and/or all salt trucks otherwise I'll have to stay home.
I am not known for bursting into song warbling the lyrics of "Let It Snow" for obvious reasons not the least of which is that I can't carry a tune.

No comments: